True Fit takes protecting our users’ privacy very seriously. In addition to following best practices for data protection, we allow you to control how much of your data we collect and how we handle it. Here are a few things that True Fit is committed to doing to ensure our compliance with GDPR for consumers and our retail partners.
What is GDPR, and what is True Fit doing to comply?
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation. GDPR replaces national privacy and security laws that previously existed within the European Union (EU) with a single, comprehensive EU-wide law that governs the use, sharing, transfer, and processing of any personal data that originates from the EU.
Our policy is to respect all laws that apply to our business and this includes GDPR. As part of our commitment to GDPR compliance, we have updated our Privacy & Security Policy.
In addition, here are a few things that True Fit is committed to doing to ensure our compliance with GDPR:
- True Fit ensures that employees authorized to process personal data have committed to confidentiality.
- We hold our hosting partners to the same data management, security, and privacy practices and standards to which we hold ourselves.
- True Fit commits to carrying out data processing impact assessments of our data processing activities.
- Where appropriate, we offer contractual language documenting our commitments to our customers to support their GDPR obligations.
- True Fit responds to data subject requests received under GDPR that we receive either directly from consumers who have a True Fit profile with us, or from our retail partners.
- Where required, True Fit will assist with notifying regulators of breaches and promptly communicating any breaches to customers and users who we collect personal information on.
For Individual Consumers:
Can I opt out of having my data collected or shared?
Yes. You have choices available to you when it comes to your information. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into your profile and using settings available within the application to modify your account. Our Privacy & Security Policy has more information on the data we collect and how we share it.
How to access and control your information
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to request the deletion of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. Please see our Privacy & Security Policy for more details.
Access information True Fit collects on you
You may email email@example.com to request that we provide you with information we have collected on you.
Update your information: You may log into your True Fit profile at any time to update information you have provided us with.
Deactivate your account: You can log into your True Fit profile at any time and turn off the True Fit service.
Delete your information: To delete your information, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your data be deleted. We will send confirmation when the deletion is completed.
Request that we stop using your information: For us to stop using your information, your information must be deleted from our system. Please see details above on requesting your data be deleted.
For our Retail partners:
What type of personal data does True Fit collect and process?
The True Fit profile will ask consumers for information such as age, gender, size, brand preferences, body shape, and fit preferences. We may also ask for an email address, which is recommended, but not mandatory to use our Service.
Do you offer your business customers a Data Processing Addendum?
Yes. The True Fit Data Processing Addendum (DPA) is available upon request for all customers to review and use to meet your onward transfer requirements under GDPR. To obtain a copy of our DPA please contact your client success manager.
Who can I contact with questions regarding GDPR?
For additional details on how we handle your data, please see our Privacy & Security Policy
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 True Fit Corporation